Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas to all

Today was a peaceful day for which I am very grateful.  It was filled with watching grandchildren open there presents with squeals and laughter.  That in itself is such a gift to have them close by and get to see the delight on there faces.  We weren't sure there would be much of a Christmas this year, then the surprises came, help from friends that we are so grateful for. 

Before all the unwrapping began I was up scrubbing potatoes to bake in the crockpot, rinsing off the roast to put in the oven.  Walked up to the grands house, walked back, walked up again and back.  I got my mile in just doing that.  LOL. We have a White Christmas here, it was beautiful and stunning walking back and forth.  Then it was back to mixing up Uncle Dan's ranch dip, my favorite.  Cutting up celery and carrot sticks and making our fun cheese ball.

Then the best part of all, I took a nap.  Yep, it has been a grand day.
Merry Christmas to each of you and a blessed New Year.

No comments: