Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday evening.....

When did this weekend fly by so fast, but it surely did.  Sunday evenings seem to be more contemplative for me.  I think they were even as a young woman.  I would sometimes get melancholy, that it went so fast, that the dusk was there before I was ready, in winter months more so.  I think even then I dealt with some SADs.  When later spring and summer came, I wasn't as challenged.  Now I think over the week and enjoy what I had fun doing.  This week was doing a scrappy star with some good friends that I sew with. 

I know this, that women need the opportunities to spend time together and share our lives, the ordinary of our days.  For that ordinary takes care of our families and those around us who have become our families.  We need the connections to nurture and be nurtured, to laugh, to sorrow, to learn together.  Women are amazing in all that they do, but we also so need to learn how to take care of ourselves.  That journey is what I certainly have been learning over the last four years.  So I keep learning the lessons and sharing what I learn along the way to those who are my family and friends. 

Off to go and do some of the very ordinary that makes up my days, the dishes.....lol 

No comments: